The Jerusalem Program – 1951
The task of Zionism is the consolidation of the State of Israel, the ingathering of exiles in Eretz Israel, and the fostering of the unity of the Jewish people. The program of work of the Zionist Organization is:
- Encouragement of immigration, absorption and integration of immigrants; support of Youth Aliyah; stimulation of agricultural settlement and economic development; acquisition of land as the property of the people.
- Intensive work for halutziut (pioneering) and hachsharah (training for halutziut).
- Concerted effort to harness funds in order to carry out the tasks of Zionism.
- Encouragement of private capital investment.
- Fostering of Jewish consciousness by propagating the Zionist idea and strengthening the Zionist Movement; imparting the values of Judaism; Hebrew education and spreading the Hebrew language.
- Mobilization of world public opinion for Israel and Zionism.
- Participation in efforts to organize and intensify Jewish life on democratic foundations, maintenance and defense of Jewish rights