To see the full AZM Biennial Assembly 2019 program and schedule of speakers go to azm.org/biennial.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 7, 2019
WHO: The American Zionist Movement (AZM) national conference
WHAT: AZM Biennial Assembly: Zionism Forward – Unity and Community: Bringing Together the Many Voices of Zionism
WHEN: Sunday, March 10 (11am-9pm) and Monday, March 11 (9am-2:30pm)
WHERE: Park East, 164 East 68 Street (between. Lexington & 3rd Avenues), Manhattan
Amidst public concern on Anti-Zionism and Antisemitism, the leadership of national Zionist groups will meet in Manhattan on March 10-11 for the American Zionist Movement (AZM) Biennial National Assembly. The conference will convene diverse US Jewish organizations and leadership around the theme of “Zionism Forward – Unity and Community: Bringing Together the Many Voices of Zionism.”
The program will include panels and discussions on Zionism and Israel engagement on campus and in the American Jewish community; participation in Sunday’s “Hate Stops Here” Global Rallies Against Antisemitism; a feature on “FeminIsrael” on the occasion of Women’s History Month; and the launch of preparations for the 2020 US elections to the World Zionist Congress.
- Hon. Elan S. Carr, the newly-appointed US Special Envoy to Monitor and Combat Anti-Semitism – in his first NYC appearance in this role
- Alon Ben-Gurion, grandson of Israel’s first Prime Minister
- Ambassador Dani Dayan, Consul General of Israel
- Ellen Hershkin, National President of Hadassah
- Richard D. Heideman, President, AZM
- Malcolm Hoenlein, CEO, Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations
- Dr. Francine Stein, National Chair of AZM
- Professor Gil Troy, Historian and Author of “The Zionist Ideas”
To see the full program and schedule of speakers go to http://azm.org/event/biennial-2019.
Journalists must reply to email@example.com to be registered for the building security list.